glad tidings to the strangers
I think it’s safe to say that many of us have become addicted to hand sanitisers and rightly so, as we’re all out and about and cannot stay cooped up within our own clean homes. Try as we might, we cannot avoid pressing lift buttons, turning handles to open doors or grab onto the escalator bar when we randomly get off-balanced.
Unfortunately, a lot of the hand sanitisers we buy from shops contain harsh chemicals that over time can damage the health of our skin. I speak from experience as using such sanitisers regularly does leave my hands dry and sore. So I was excited when I cam across Nature’s Nurture‘s natural hand sanitiser. I cannot wait to give it a go myself!
Below is an extract from her original post:
Natural Hand Sanitizer
Homemade, alcohol-free version of commercial hand sanitizer, using the powers aloe vera, witch hazel, and essential oils.
– 1 cup pure aloe vera gel (as pure as you can get)
– 1 tablespoon witch hazel
– 30 drops (1/4 tsp) tea tree oil
– 10 drops lavender oil (or essential oil of choice)
– 3-4 drops vitamin E oil (optional)
1. In a small glass dish, add the essential oils and stir.
2. Add the witch hazel and vitamin E oil and stir again.
3. Add the aloe vera gel and mix very well.
4. Using a funnel, pour the mixture into your container of choice.
5. Shake well before using.
The vitamin E oil helps to soften hands and will extend the shelf life up to 3-4 months. In either case, the sanitizer should be discarded after 6 months.
This recipe filled 3 travel size (3 oz) squirt bottles. To fill just one 3 oz bottle, use 1/3 cup aloe vera, 1 teaspoon witch hazel, 10 drops tea tree oil, and 3 drops lavender oil.
For the full article by Nature’s Nurture click here.